Monday, June 14, 2010

Sauteed Brussel Sprouts


Sauteed Brussel Sprouts

Ingredients:

Fresh brussel sprouts
Olive oil
Garlic, minced
Salt and pepper

Cut the brussel sprouts in half or quarter them if they are huge. In a frying pan, heat some olive oil and the minced garlic. Be careful not to burn the garlic! When the oil is hot, add the brussel sprouts. Toss in the oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute in olive oil until the sprouts are as tender as you want them to be. I like a little crunch left in mine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelsie, This is Ryan's grandmother, Deanna! I love your blog and am excited to try some of your recipes. I found one for brussel sprouts that is really yummy. I will try and post it here for you to try. I hope you like it. Thanks for sharing these yummy recipes.

    Brussel Sprouts with Apple and Bacon

    12 oz. brussel sprouts, quartered
    1 fuji or gala apple, cut in 1/2" dice (I used 2)
    1 red onion, cut in 1/2" dice
    3 slices applewood smoked bacon or good quality bacon, cut in 1/4" strips
    1 Tbsp. canola oil
    3/4 tsp. kosher Salt
    2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
    Place the oil, bacon, and onions in a sautee pan on medium heat. Stir constantly and cook 4-5 minutes to caramelize. The onions should be golden brown and fairly crispy.

    Add the apples, brussel sprouts and salt and continue cooking for another 5-8 minutes. Stir occasionally, but you want to let sit in the pan long enough to sear and color.

    When all are nice and seared golden brown, but brussel sprouts are still partially crisp, turn off the heat and add lemon juice. Stir and remove from pan to stop the cooking process. Serve warm.
    ***I just realized that I forgot to put the lemon juice in at the end. I bet that would have made the recipe all that much better. Try it with all the ingredients and let me know what you think.

    ***Tonight I also realized how delicious red onions are caramelized.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails