Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Super fast ribs and garlic asparagus

If you haven't noticed, I use the same combination of seasonings on everything. I found the combination that I liked and just use it on everything. This is no exception.

I have honestly never made ribs before so I decided to take on the feat. The problem was I had very very limited time to make these...by limited I mean ... about an hour, hour and a half tops. I'm too ashamed to admit why I had so little time, it makes me a horrible wife and mom. Anyway, I guess people usually spend hours and hours on ribs because they season and smoke them, etc...mine are simply and fast ribs.


Kelsie's super fast ribs:

Ingredients:
Rack of beef ribs
Salt and pepper
Durkee roasted garlic and herb seasoning
Grill seasoning (steak seasoning)
Tony's
French's buffalo wings seasoning mix
Garlic pepper
Lemon pepper
Olive oil
BBQ sauce (I used cattlemans, that's what I have right now)

Rub both sides liberally with seasonings and oil. (Only use about half of the french's seasoning packet). Once the seasonings are rubbed in well, cover with bbq sauce and rub that in as well.

Ribs with seasonings and sauce ready for oven:




Bake ribs in an 400 degree oven for 20 or so minutes so they can absorb the flavors of the seasoning. Once they come out of the oven, throw on a preheated grill with a low flame. Grill with the lid open. Grill until ribs are cooked medium.




Once the ribs are cooked, let them rest for 10 or so minutes so the juices can redistribute. Cut the ribs.

Here is the finished product:





Garlic oil asparagus (One of my all time favorites!):

Ingredients:
Asparagus
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Fresh garlic

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While waiting for the water, trim the tough ends off the asparagus. When water is boiling, salt the water and throw asparagus in for just a couple of minutes. You want them to still have a bite. No one likes mushy asparagus. Drain well.

While asparagus is draining, coat the bottom of the pan with oil (you can use the same one, no need to dirty a second). Add a few cloves of sliced (I don't like mine minced in this recipe) fresh garlic. Cook the garlic on low to infuse the oil with the garlic flavor for just a minute or so. Don't overcook the garlic!! If you overcook it on accident, start over. Wash the pan out and everything, it's strong when overcooked and not in a good way. When the oil has been infused with the garlic throw the asparagus in the pan and coat well. Salt and pepper to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails