Saturday, August 8, 2009

Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle

I found this trifle on another cooking blog and it looked pretty good so I decided to make it for my treat for dart night. I don't have a trifle bowl so I just used a glass batter bowl I had instead. Also, I made three layers instead of two...if you want to be able to see the individual layers a little better maybe just stick with two. It is very delicious, but very VERY sweet!




Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle:

Ingredients:
1 9x13 pan of your favorite brownies
10 ounce bag of peanut butter chips
5 ounce package (the bigger box) of instant vanilla pudding
3 c. milk
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 c. whipping cream, whipped and divided
24 regular sized (2" in diameter) peanut butter cups, chopped and divided (Save 1/4 c. for garnish)

Line 9x13 pan with foil. Extend the foil a couple inches over the side. Grease lightly. Prepare brownies according to recipe (or box) and add peanut butter chips to batter. Bake in pan for required time. Cool completely. Invert on cutting board. Cut into 3/4" pieces.

Combine pudding mix and milk in large bowl. Beat at low speed for 2 minutes or until thick. (I had to refrigerate for a few minutes to get mine to thicken all the way). Add peanut butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Gently fold in half of the whipped cream.

Layer in bowl with half the brownies, half the chopped candy and half of the pudding mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining whipped cream and candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails