I kid you not, these (remember, I don't generally like homemade brownies) are so good! They beat out boxed brownies, by a LOT!
I've made them a few times now, and each time I've served them, they've been a huge hit. If you like chocolate, try them. You'll like them.
"Good Ol' Homemade Brownies"
(Recipe found at bunsinmyoven.com. Original recipe can be found here)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter or spray a 9x13 baking dish.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow sugar mixture to boil.
3. Pour butter mixture into a large bowl or stand mixer, beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
4. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips until well combined.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean. (Sometimes mine can take up to 10 minutes longer). The edges should be set and the center should still look slightly moist, but not uncooked. Cool on a wire rack.
6. Top with powdered sugar and enjoy!