Monday, May 4, 2009

Grilled chicken

I cook a lot of chicken at my house and a lot of it is very very similar. I just add a little extra or a little less of one thing each time. Tonight I added honey and cayenne pepper. I also made a piece of salmon. To go with the chicken or salmon, I steamed some broccoli florets and made pepper jack mashed potatoes. Yum!


Grilled chicken: (Just a tiny bit different than my savory flame grilled chicken)


Chicken legs and thighs
Salt and pepper
Lemon pepper
Garlic pepper
Tony's
Chili powder
Grill (Steak) seasoning
Honey
Cayenne pepper
Olive oil

Put legs and thighs in ziploc bag. Pour in some olive oil, salt, fresh cracked pepper, lots of garlic pepper, chili powder, tony's and a little bit of lemon pepper. Toss until well coated. Coat with honey and a good sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Grill on low heat so you don't burn the chicken. It will burn a little bit due to the honey caramelizing.


Along with chicken, I make a lot of broccoli at my house. Broccoli is Martin's favorite vegetable and if he's willing to eat it, I'll keep making it. Ethan also really likes steamed broccoli so if he'll keep eating it, I'll make him as much as he wants.

Steamed Broccoli:

Broccoli
Salt and Pepper
Butter

Fill a pot with about 1/2 inch of water. Add broccoli and coat well with salt. Steam until veggies are still crunchy but not raw. (I don't like mushy steamed veggies). Drain water. Add about a tablespoon (or less) of butter and salt and pepper. Toss to coat.


Pepper jack mashed potatoes:

Potatoes washed and cubed. (I leave the peel on, it's good for you!)
Butter
Sour cream
salt and pepper
Tonys
Lots of pepper jack cheese

Boil potatoes until tender and drain. I like to mix mine in my kitchen aide mixer. Add to mixing bowl and add butter, lots of salt and pepper and Tony's. Add a few spoonfuls of sour cream and a few handfuls of pepper jack cheese. Mix well.



Baked Salmon:

Salmon fillet
Salt and pepper
Garlic pepper
Lemon pepper
Tony's
Grill (Steak) seasoning
Chili powder

Season one side of the salmon with all the seasonings and wrap in tin foil. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes depending on how thick your Salmon steak is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails